Thank you @michellesipsandsavors for this beautiful ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 – 2 drops rose water OR 1 – 2 tsp simple syrup (I have used Nielsen-Massey or Royal Rose Organic Simple Syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Fuchsia Hibiscus or Beet Super Juice Powder for pink color
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk (I used low fat)
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- Additional pistachios & edible rose petals for garnish (I used Suncore Foods rose petals)
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add in all ingredients, except pistachios. Beat for another 30-45 seconds until thick.
- Fold in pistachios.
- Pour mixture in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Cover and place in the freezer, overnight.
- Top with additional pistachios & rose petals, and serve.
Basic vanilla ice cream can be made by just using the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Use caution with rose extract. Start with the smallest amount & taste. You only want a hint of rose flavor.
Click here for more of Michelle's recipes.