From our friend @umamigirl
"The Grumpy Gingerbread has everything you need. It’s hygge to the max with a smooth bourbon base and layer upon layer of warming, woodsy spice. And it’s also got multiple sources of beautiful, balanced bitterness — because #2020. "
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Cynar
- 1/2 ounce Cardamom Clove Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Star anise, to garnish
- Fill a mixing glass with plenty of ice.
- Pour in bourbon, Cynar, and syrup. Add three dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Stir until very well-chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass, garnish with star anise, and serve.