From our friend @little_cantina:
"This libation is a riff on the classic Tequila Sunrise. Instead of using Grenadine I used some raspberry simple syrup I had on hand. The raspberry SS has more sugar content so when you pour it on top, along the side of your glass, it will float to the bottom. This makes for a great visual of course, but right before drinking, I like to give it a quick stir so the syrup is combined with the OJ and I can really taste the raspberry throughout instead of getting nothing but sugar at the bottom of my drink."
- 1 1/2 oz Silver Tequila
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Raspberry Simple Syrup
Garnish: Half an orange wheel and raspberry
1. Add an XL ice cube to a rocks glass and set aside.
3. Add ingredients except raspberry simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and fill 2/3 with ice.
4. Shake well to combine for about 12 seconds.
5. Strain and pour into glass with fresh XL ice cube.
6. Slowly pour simple syrup inside, along the side of your glass and allow to set. Syrup should float to the bottom.
7. Garnish with half an orange wheel and raspberry.